Knowledge is power, Knowing is livingJun 19, 2015(09:29)
In recognition of Karvy’s efforts to educate and empower investors, it has received two prestigious awards from India’s premier stock exchange BSE—the SKOCH – BSE Order of Merit Award and the SKOCH – BSE Aspiring Nation Award. Karvy was nominated out of 500 nominations. Receiving these awards is one of the proudest moments as it affirms Karvy’s position in the industry as an organization that empowers investors by providing knowledge and information.
Realizing the need to impart financial knowledge amongst the growing Indian population, where the penetration of Facebook is around 10%, while its only 2% when it comes to equities as an asset class, Karvy embarked on a mission to educate investors keen on investing in equities. As a part of this mission, we ensured that our expertise and resources are extensively available to all the customers and investors at all times. Karvy made use of its technological capabilities (Skype, Whatsapp, Ask the Expert), vast network, research expertise, marketing campaigns with a human touch to facilitate investor education.
Special teams were created to visit corporate and educational institution frequently and conduct investor awareness programs, so as to educate people about capital markets. By leveraging existing franchisee and branch network, Karvy was able to penetrate deep into various pocket of India where financial inclusion was still a far cry. In the process we were able to generate interest among investors about capital markets and also address their apprehensions.
Though we encountered many hardships in the journey, we never lost sight of the goal. As the saying goes fortune favours the brave, we are achieving positive results. The fact that we were able to reach out to approximately 50,000 investors in a short span of time is the testimony of our success.
It was a great learning curve and we understood that several myths surrounding equities trading need to be dispelled. This can be done by constant education and able guidance from the experts.
Awards of this kind instil confidence and encourage carrying forward all the good work we have been doing so far.
- Knowledge is power, Knowing is living
- Gold Saving Schemes: An unusual way of investing in Gold
- Resilient show of Equities to continue
- Demonetization – Rebooting the Indian Financial System
- Mutual Fund or ULIPs-The balancing act of asset allocation
- How Investors should deal with the current sluggish market?
- Market Recovery After The Historic Crisis
- Skyrocketing Crude Oil Price – A Roadblock to India’s growth
- Mid-cap – Is it still a safe bet?
- Financial Inclusion of Women: Empowering the global economy
- How the health of Economy & Market will improve?
- Women in top brass unlock the profit potential